is this a Hardware issue? Duet WiFi does not boot.

• Hi there,
    New duet WiFi purchased at e3d.
    Does not show up on USB.
    Have installed drivers tried multiple computers, cables. Windows does not recognize as a USB device at all.

Also tried reprap configurator and writing config to SD card. is configured to join the network but never shows up. Tried powered with USB also tried a 24v power supply. Does not seem to be booting.

With USB connected only I have 1 solid red light near USB port.

On 24v I have two solid lights. 1 blue 1 red.

I contacted e3d for support and they sent me here.

Can you please help?

Thank you!

• With just USB connected you should have red and green leds indicating 5V and 3.3V next to where the blue VIN led is. If they are not lit I think you have a board fault.

• administrators

Please confirm that you have nothing connected to the board except USB and/or VIN power. If the 3.3v green LED is not lit then there is on 3.3V present, and that can be caused by incorrect endstop switch wiring.

• @dc42
    Hi there,

Nothing is connected to the board. I was setting up the board prior to install.

• after fiddling around a bit more I tried yet another USB cable. while plugging it in I noticed that the other LEDs flashed quickly. I very gently wiggled it just slightly and the all stay on as long as I don't breath. 🙏 The board now is booted up and I was able to connect to the board and configure and am able to access the board over wifi..

Maybe I have a bad USB port on the board @dc42 ? What are your thoughts?

• administrators

@daydreamn1134 said in is this a Hardware issue? Duet WiFi does not boot.:

after fiddling around a bit more I tried yet another USB cable. while plugging it in I noticed that the other LEDs flashed quickly. I very gently wiggled it just slightly and the all stay on as long as I don't breath. 🙏 The board now is booted up and I was able to connect to the board and configure and am able to access the board over wifi..

Maybe I have a bad USB port on the board @dc42 ? What are your thoughts?

Yes it could be a bad USB port, either bad contacts inside the connector, or a bad solder joint between the back of the connector and the PCB. Those solder joints rarely cause trouble, and they can be inspected easily. Do they look OK?