Open source printer

• Hey guys:
    This is not actually a Technical question - Its more of something I would like to contact Duet Team directly about but they don't really have a public inquiry Email or anything.
    So a year ago I designed a 3D printer, and it's pretty big so I designed 4 individually controlled stepper motor to drive the bed.
    And then I designed my own electronic because I never found any electronic that supports individually controlled Z-axis motor, with true auto-balancing.
    Which, I have seen on the wishlist of the Duet3D.
    There is no one else working on it(Z motor balancing) and the two versions of electronic I designed failed miserably. This was an open-source project that I wanted to complete before publishing, but that seems a bit far away. And then I moved on a new project called EduFlite, uh, drones, which will go public after I test the MVP.

My point:
    Anyway, I am thinking about giving the design files to someone or a team that has experience in open source and that I can trust, and Duet 3D seems perfect. I am not asking for money or anything of the sort, I just want someone who can take over this project and make it go further than it can in my hands. I will not ask for money(although if there are spares I do need money to go to university, I'm graduating high school at the end of this year and Uni is really expensive), I am thinking about CC-BY-SA license but I am happy to discuss it.

Please tell me if the Duet 3D Team is interested.

Cheers
    Tim

• administrators

@timchpi said in Open source printer:

And then I designed my own electronic because I never found any electronic that supports individually controlled Z-axis motor, with true auto-balancing.
    Which, I have seen on the wishlist of the Duet3D.

Do you mean this https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Bed_levelling_using_multiple_independent_Z_motors, or something else?

Anyway, I am thinking about giving the design files to someone or a team that has experience in open source and that I can trust, and Duet 3D seems perfect.

Sadly, at Duet3D we don't have time to pursue even all of the electronics-based ideas that we some up with, and we're not really into mechanical design. But perhaps someone else on this forum may be interested.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.