topic_solved Rostock Max V2 with FSR Homed height issues
I cannot seem to get the autocalibrate to work as documented on my newly upgraded Rostock Max V2.
Here is the issue.
Using FSR with the John SL board.
I have removed the endstop screws on the shuttles as the endstop offsets are calculated in the auto bed compensation.
Homed height the manual way gives me a total height of 363.8mm. Works well at this setting and prints very nice.
I set the bed to 80 and the hotend to 220 (I print a lot of abs)
I commented out the 5mm offset in the homedelta.g file.
M558 P5 H3 F130 T6000 I1 ; Set Z probe type to switch and the dive height + speeds
G31 P1000 X0 Y0 Z0 ; Set Z probe trigger value, offset and trigger height
M557 R100 S20 ; Define mesh grid
I reboot the Duet3 Ethernet (Firmware 2.03)
Home the axis
Run the Autoconfigure and get a homed height of 366.328mm an offset of approx 2.5mm
Calibrated 7 factors using 13 points, deviation before 0.262 after 0.038
My FSR setup is very sensitive and I know my bed is not deflecting 2.5mm
G30 S-1 shows an offset of -0.44
If I edit my config.g file
G31 P1000 X0 Y0 Z-2.5
rerun the process I get a homed height of 363.859
(right where it should be)
I have deleted the retract and deploy files, so these files are not in play.
when i run the mesh bed compensation I get a large offset.
Warning: the height map has a substantial Z offset. Suggest use Z-probe to establish Z=0 datum, then re-probe the mesh.
69 points probed, min error 2.140, max error 2.507, mean 2.372, deviation 0.088
Height map saved to file heightmap.csv
which refers to the large offset in the g31 command.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why the homed height is not working properly?
Thanks in advance.
I suggest you upgrade to the 2.04RC1 release as there was a fix for an issue for Delta users that you may be affected by.
When auto delta calibration adjusted the delta radius and/or the diagonal rod length, it made an incorrect adjustment to the homed height
On a delta printer, if multiple rod lengths are specified in the M665 command and the first 3 rod lengths were not equal to each other, this resulted in incorrect motion
Awesome. Downloading now. Will report back on status.
That was the trick. The calibration ran fine and now there is no offset. First layer print is very good, 2nd layer has some issues so I have some more work to do. Overall, I am still fighting some issues with print quality, but now I think it is related to a bad nozzle. I have a set of new nozzles coming this Friday, so hope to have everything setup for a great weekend of printing. I hope to get my first dual extrusion print working.
Thanks for the help.
Yes it was a nozzle problem. I must have damaged the nozzle while aggressively cleaning it with a wire brush. Top layer finish is now super smooth. I still have some more tuning to do, but I am so pleased with the results so far. Thanks to the community for help.