Run file on connection status change
JuKu last edited by
I would like to run a file when connection status changes. This would give us:
-More fail-resistant machines: If control is lost, stop
-Notice to control program about connection problems and possibly lost commands (by reacting to message sent out when connection comes back)
-Notice to control program on machine reset (by reacting to connection established message). This is a big safety issue on CNC machines.
EasyTarget last edited by EasyTarget
I would like to run a file when connection status changes.
I would like to run a macro when Wifi Status changes too.
- Somewhat different motives; I dont see any movement control needs.
- It would be handy since my PrintEye cannot see Wifi status (I ran out of memory and patience to implement a separate request->response handler for the Wifi Status.
- But a macro + M118 + PrintEyes custom Json handling would make it easy to set up.
- Ideally such a macro would need to have Wifi parameters (status, and ssid, hostname, ip, gateway when valid)
- I'm sure others would find it useful, change light colours on disconnect, etc. The board's LED is clear enough but not always accessible.
When I find time to finish implementing conditional GCode, I may extend the trigger facility to allow any specified change in the object model to run a macro. I would rather do that than implement something specific to WiFi state changes.
EasyTarget last edited by
@dc42 Yes; something like that would be a nice enhancement for lots of odd, and not so odd, use cases.