3.0beta10 on duet2eth temperatures behaving weird



  • M115
    FIRMWARE_NAME: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet FIRMWARE_VERSION: 3.0beta10 ELECTRONICS: Duet Ethernet 1.02 or later FIRMWARE_DATE: 2019-09-12b1
    

    disconnect all three thermistors, enter

    M308 S0 P"bedtemp" Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950
    M308 S1 P"e0temp"  Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950 
    M308 S2 P"e2temp"  Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950
    

    show error on all three (M105 show -273.1 as expected)

    attach thermistor on bed - show ok for bed, -273 for e0, e1 (expected)

    detach th from bed, attach one to e0, one to e1, e0 show ok 26C, bed and e1 show -273 (not expected for e1)

    disconnect e0, e0 shows 26, e1 show -273, bed show -273 ?!?!?!?

    further testing, e0temp pin name is reading from the left connector ( E1 thermistor2 according to image of the pinout) weird ..

    now it gets weirder

    thermistor attached to e0temp and e1temp

    M308 S1 P"e0temp"  Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950 
    M308 S2 P"e1temp"  Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950
    M105
    T0:26.5 /0.0 T1:-273.1 /0.0 B:-273.1 /0.0
    

    ok, T1 is not reading but... check this:

    M308 S2 P"e2temp" Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950
    M105
    T0:92.0 /0.0 T1:-273.1 /0.0 B:-273.1 /0.0
    

    I set S2 to e2temp and now S1 jumps to 92C
    if I return S2 to e1temp, S1 returns to 26C:

    M308 S2 P"e1temp" Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950
    M105
    T0:26.4 /0.0 T1:-273.1 /0.0 B:-273.1 /0.0
    

    /me confused 😞
    /me need help

    config.g

    G90
    M83
    M550 P"xxx" 
    M551 P"xxx" 
    M552 P0.0.0.0 S1
    M586 P0 S1 
    M586 P1 S0 
    M586 P2 S0 
    
    ; Drives
    M569 P0 S1 
    M569 P1 S1 
    M569 P2 S0 
    M569 P3 S1 
    M569 P4 S1 
    M584 X0 Y1 Z2 E3:4
    M350 X16 Y16 Z16 E16:16 I1 
    M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z400.00 E4074.37:4074.37 
    M566 X900.00 Y900.00 Z120.00 E150.00:150.00  
    M203 X6000.00 Y6000.00 Z1200.00 E1200.00:1200.00 
    M201 X500.00 Y500.00 Z100.00 E250.00:250.00    
    M906 X1000 Y1000 Z1000 E800:800 I30   
    M84 S30
    
    ; Axis Limits
    M208 X0 Y0 Z0 S1
    M208 X220 Y220 Z300 S0 
    
    ; Endstops
    M574 X1 S1 P"xstop" 
    M574 Y1 S1 P"ystop" 
    M574 Z1 S1 P"zstop" 
    
    ; Z-Probe
    M558 P9 C"zprobe.in" H5 F120 T3000
    M950 S0 C"exp.heater3"
    G31 P500 X10 Y20 Z2.5
    M557 X15:6 Y15:195 S20
    
    ; Heaters
    M308 S0 P"bedtemp" Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950
    M308 S1 P"e0temp"  Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950
    M308 S2 P"e1temp"  Y"thermistor" T100000 B3950
    
    M950 H0 C"bedheat" T0 Q100
    M950 H1 C"e0heat" T1
    M950 H1 C"e1heat" T2
    
    ; Fans - TBD
    M106 P0 S0.65 H-1
    M106 P1 S0.65 H-1
    M106 P2 S0.85 H1:2 T100
    
    ; Tools - TBD
    M563 P0 D0 H1 F0
    G10 P0 X0 Y0 Z0
    G10 P0 R0 S0
    M563 P1 D1 H2 F1
    G10 P1 X0 Y0 Z0 
    G10 P1 R0 S0 
    


  • looks like I found the problem ... the

    M950 H1 C"e0heat" T1
    M950 H2 C"e1heat" T2 
    

    both were H1 but I still think this looks like a bug... it's stated in documentation that for 3.x firmware sensors and heaters are separate and this does not look that separate 😄 ... anyhow, yellow duck solved the problem 🙂


Log in to reply