Duet Wifi endstop showing N/A in active low

• After upgrading the complete firmware to 3.01my Duet says that the endstops are not connected.
    Clicking the endstop manually lights up the light on the board and on the endstop.
    I changed nothing on the board after the upgrade.

Setting the M574 to S1 shows the endstops as actually connected but then the signal is inverted

• M119
    • Endstops - X: no endstop, Y: no endstop, Z: no endstop, Z probe: at min stop
      That's with M547 set to S1

• What are the M950 definitions for these? And/or, just post your whole config.g, please.

• My apologies it's set to S0 not S1.

config.g

• Just for reference, these are working for me on Duet3 hardware:

; Endstops and probes

M574 X1 S1 P"io1.in"                      ; Set homing switch configuration X1 = low-end, S1 = active-high (NC)
    M574 Y1 S1 P"io2.in"                      ; Set homing switch configuration Y1 = low-end, S1 = active-high (NC)

Yours look like this:

; Endstops
    M574 X1 S0 P"xstop"                                      ; configure active-low endstop for low end on X via pin xstop
    M574 Y1 S0 P"ystop"                                      ; configure active-low endstop for low end on Y via pin ystop

Which is very similar. Two things might be making a difference:

1. S0 v S1. I have physical switches that are "Normally Closed". This should be S1. Are yours normally closed or normally open?

2. The pin definition. I take it you are a running on a Duet 2?

If so, per this guide, everything looks correct.
    https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/RepRapFirmware_3_overview#Section_Pin_names_for_Duet_2_WiFi_Ethernet

In summary, I don't see anything wrong with your definitions except S0/S1, which you can try both ways, once you can see the switches status

When you say "upgraded to 3.01", what RC? I highly recommend the very latest, that is DSF 2.1.2 and RC10. The traditional commands

sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade

Will get you there.

• S0 will give out

• M119
    • Endstops - X: no endstop, Y: no endstop, Z: no endstop, Z probe: at min stop

S1 will give

• M119
    • Endstops - X: at min stop, Y: at min stop, Z: at min stop, Z probe: at min stop

When you go to Machine-Specific if you set S0 it Says "n/a" in the triggered column

the switches I use are normally closed that use a signal pin

as for firmaware

• RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet version 3.01-RC10 running on Duet WiFi 1.02 or later
      Board ID: 08DGM-956GU-DJMSN-6J9F4-3SD6S-1VRHHUsed output buffers: 3 of 24 (10 max)

• administrators

With RRF 3.01 you must use S1. If the enstop inputs are active low, invert the pin. For example:

M574 X1 S1 P"!io1.in"

• Thank you.
    This solved it.