Homming problems for openPNP

• I am setting my Duet2 wifi for openpnp.

My machine has 1 X axis, 2 individual Y axes, 1 Z axis, and 1 E axis (nozzle).

Homming works fine for all axes except E axis.

I have tested the E endstop and the boarde detects fine, but when I send a "G1 H1 E-360 F1000" or "G1 H2 E360 F1000 " command when the board detects zero the motor keeps rotating.

I don't see where I can go wrong, I am attaching my machine settings.

Thnaks you
    Jose
    alt text

config.g

; Configuration file for factory testing Duet Ethernet and Wifi with V2.05.1 firmware

;*******************************************************************************************************************
    ;FOR TESTING ONLY! USE https://configurator.reprapfirmware.org/ to generate configuration files for your printer!
    ;*******************************************************************************************************************
    M555 P2					; Set output to look like Marlin
    G21						; Work in millimetres
    G90						; Send absolute coordinates...
    M83						; ...but relative extruder moves
    M550 P"JasPnP"                           ; set printer name

; Communication and general
    M111 S0                         ; Debug off
    M550 PDuetJAS					; Machine name and Netbios name (can be anything you like)
    M551 Preprap                   	; Machine password (used for FTP)

*** Ethernet networking: The following lines are used for factory testing - PLEASE REMOVE THEM

M552 P192.168.1.188				; IP address
    M554 P192.168.1.255				; Gateway
    M553 P255.255.255.0				; Netmask

;*** End of factory test lines to be removed

;*** Networking
    M552 S1											; Turn network on
    M586 P0 S1                                      ; enable HTTP
    M586 P1 S0                                      ; disable FTP
    M586 P2 S1 T0                                   ; enable Telnet, TLS OFF

; Axis and motor configuration
    M569 P0 S1										; X physical drive 0 goes forwards
    M569 P1 S1										; Y right physical drive 1 goes forwards
    M569 P2 S1										; Y left physical drive 2 goes forwards
    M569 P3 S0										; Z physical drive 3 goes backwards
    M569 P4 S1										; E0 physical drive 4 goes forwards
    M350 X16 Y16:16 Z16 E16 I1                      ; configure microstepping with interpolation
    M906 X800 Y800:800 Z800 E500 I50                ; set motor currents (mA) and motor idle factor in per cent
    M584 X0 Y1:2 Z3 E4                       		; set visibles drive 
    M84 S40 										; Set idle timeout
    M92 X80.00 Y80.00:80 Z80 E8.888           		; set steps per mm
    M566 X200.0 Y200.0 Z200.0 E200         			; set maximum instantaneous speed changes (mm/min)
    M203 X22000.00 Y22000.00:22000.00 Z22000 E22000 ; set maximum speeds (mm/min)
    M201 X1500.00 Y1500.00:1500.00 Z1500 E1500      ; set accelerations (mm/s^2)

; Axis Limits
    M208 X0 Y0 Z-30  E-360 S1                       		; set axis minima
    M208 X400 Y400 Z100 E360 S0                     ; set axis maxima

; Endstops
    M574 X1 S1 P"xstop"                           ; configure active-low endstop for low end on X via pin xstop
    M574 Y1 S1 P"ystop+zstop"                    ; configure active-low endstop for low end on doble Y via pin ystop
    M574 Z2 S1 P"e0stop"                           ; configure active-low endstop for low end on Z via pin zstop
    M574 E1 S1 P"!^e1stop"                           ; configure active-low endstop for low end on E0 via pin zstop

; Activa triggers
    ;M581 X S1 T3 C0								   ; Enable endstop X to trigger triger3.g while machining

; Mosfet outputs
    M950 P0 C"e0heat" 				; Vacuum valve output
    M950 P1 C"e1heat" 				; Up camera lights output
    M950 P2 C"bedheat"				; Vacuum pump output

; Tools
    M563 P0 D0                               ; define tool 0.   

T0                                       ; select first tool

The extruder axis don't get homed. You can set an absolute position with M92 E# if you need, but homing moves don't apply.

Are you using E as an extruder or is it a linear axis? If it's not an extruder, use a different axis letter for it, like U, then you can configure it and treat it just like XYZ.

I have very little familiarity with openpnp.

@qlfecv said in Homming problems for openPNP:

*** Ethernet networking: The following lines are used for factory testing - PLEASE REMOVE THEM

Also, all commands that aren't gcode/mcode must be commented out with a ;

;FOR TESTING ONLY! USE https://configurator.reprapfirmware.org/ to generate configuration files for your printer!

This might be a good start as well to ensure you have all the relevant commands.

• administrators

As I said recently in another PnP thread, extruders are not axes. I suggest you create a new axis (e.g. C) for the nozzle rotation, using M584.

@dc42 I think this is a different person.

• administrators

@Phaedrux said in Homming problems for openPNP:

@dc42 I think this is a different person.

Nice that more folks are using Duet+RRF in OpenPnP systems! We should add a wiki page on configuring RRF for OpenPnP.

• Thanks for reply.

I have created the C axis and everything solved.

Also modify the configuration in openPNP to work with the new C axis.

I only found this post that publishes the config.g of an openPNP machine and uses the extruder for the nozzle in it, so don't create the C axis before.

It would be of great help a wiki page to people who want to use Duet on an openPNP.

This is my machine

• administrators

Thanks for reply.

I only found this post that publishes the config.g of an openPNP machine and uses the extruder for the nozzle in it, so don't create the C axis before.

It would be of great help a wiki page to people who want to use Duet on an openPNP.

This is my machine

I'm glad you got it working.

I don't have a PnP machine, so although I can create the wiki page I would need input from you and/or other PnP users. If I create the page, can you add some content?

• @dc42 said in Homming problems for openPNP:

Thanks for reply.

This is my machine

I'm glad you got it working.

I don't have a PnP machine, so although I can create the wiki page I would need input from you and/or other PnP users. If I create the page, can you add some content?

Sure 👍

• administrators

Thanks! The wiki page is at https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Using_RepRapFirmware_with_OpenPnP. Let me know your name on the wiki and we'll increase your reputation score sufficiently to edit it.

• @dc42 said in Homming problems for openPNP:

Thanks! The wiki page is at https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Using_RepRapFirmware_with_OpenPnP. Let me know your name on the wiki and we'll increase your reputation score sufficiently to edit it.

I don't understand the name, sorry but English is not my native language.

Jose

• administrators

You will need to go to the wiki page, then click Login at the top right. This will allow you to create a Wiki account. When you have done that, let me know what user name you chose.

• Done, same name.

I wrote a test now.

• administrators

@qlfecv, you now have enough reputation to edit that wiki page.

• 👍 👍 👍