Help with critical change in behavior.
I have a mendel-ish self-made printer that is running on a Duet WiFi. Just recently, the extruder motor has started to "stall" ... with that rumbling sound. I started by replacing the stepper motor with another I have on the bench. And while I suspect the cable, my problem (before digging further) is that extrusion and retraction via the web interface works while the following code snippet exhibits many stalls and much rumbling. As a last ditch effort to get the part printed (saving the printer repair for later), I changed the max speed from 1200 to 600 and max acceleration from 250 to 100 (in config.g). I suppose I don't know what parameters are used by the web interface extrude 5mm, which is... mostly... what I'm asking here. Help?
;Filament used: 26.7559m
;Layer height: 0.3
;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 3.4.1
M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
G1 Z5.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 5mm
G1 F300 E6
M83 ;relative extrusion mode
G1 F1500 E-6.5
G0 F5400 X29.971 Y30.513 Z0.25
G1 F1500 E6.5
G1 F900 X32.329 Y28.216 E0.15243
G1 X32.357 Y28.189 E0.0018
G1 X34.792 Y25.969 E0.15258
G1 X34.822 Y25.943 E0.00184
G1 X37.33 Y23.81 E0.15245
G1 X37.36 Y23.786 E0.00178
G1 X39.939 Y21.737 E0.15252
Phaedrux last edited by
I would suspect that it has something to do with the several G1 E6 moved back and forth. If you manually enter each line of that into the console you will find the one that is making the extruder freak out.
My money is on G1 E6 F1200
Hurnh? I see no G1 E6 F12000 in my output.
... but even if the G1 F1500 E6.5 were a problem (is that the fastest request) ... it continues to freak out as the head should be starting to draw. What is the speed that the web extruder forward command uses?
deckingman last edited by deckingman
What is the speed that the web extruder forward command uses?
Not sure that I understand the question. If you are using the web interface to extrude in the machine control tab, then you select both the feed amount and the feed rate. The default feed rates are 60, 30, 15, 5 and 1 mm/sec but you can right click and change them to whatever you want. Note that these are mm/sec so multiple by 60 to get mm/min.
Alternatively, if you input G1 Ennn Fnnn through the console, then you can set the amount and speed that way. If you don't stipulate a speed, then it'll probably use whatever speed was last used when an "E" move was instigated.
OK. That's good progress. It would appear I was using 5mm/sec... which is 300mm/minute (for the setting in config.g). Gonna try that. Thanks.