Why Heater 1 appears to be over-powered???

• Hi,

When i do a temperature tunning, with M303 H1 S240.

The result is this message...

Warning: Heater 1 appears to be over-powered. If left on at full power, its temperature is predicted to reach 654C.
    Auto tune heater 1 completed in 219 sec
    Use M307 H1 to see the result, or M500 to save the result in config-override.g

The results of code M307 H1...is:

Heater 1 model: gain 629.9, time constant 149.2, dead time 6.2, max PWM 1.00, calibration voltage 24.2, mode PID, inverted no, frequency default
    Computed PID parameters for setpoint change: P6.9, I0.226, D29.6
    Computed PID parameters for load change: P6.9,

Why?

• @peirof The message means what it says - so if for example a Mosfet failed in such a way that the PWM wasn't working, the temperature could reach 654 deg C which could be dangerous and possibly constitute a fire hazard. You can either choose to ignore that warning or use a lower powered heater. Some people have reported this issue when fitting silicone socks to E3D hot ends. Whether they then choose to ignore the warning of use a lower powered heater, I cannot say.

• The solution can be change Termopar?

• @peirof said in Why Heater 1 appears to be over-powered???:

The solution can be change Termopar?

Not sure what you mean by Termopar - it hasn't translated well. But if the heater is being reported as over powered then the solution would be to use a lower powered heater - say 30 Watt instead of 40 Watt for example. Or simply ignore the warning but take appropriate safety steps like not leaving the printer unattended for long periods.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.