possible web control firmware glitch - 2.02

• Same issue I had from an earlier post, but the thread is now locked so I'm posting a new one.

My duet was happily printing a long print. I opened up my laptop. It was previously on the duet webUI. When the wifi reconnected, it reloaded the page, which caused it to halt the print and repeat a bunch of things I had it do before the print. It paused the print, homed, attempted to z probe, then resumed the print. Obviously, it ruined the print.

This behavior happens all the time and I don't think it's entirely a safari bug. Upon page reload, the duet goes though a cache of previously executed instructions. I don't know why it does this or how to stop it, but once I have the print running, it isn't safe to load the webUI again until it's done.

• Can you provide your firmware versions, DWC version, and Safari version?

Does it do the same thing if you connect via Chrome?

• Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet
    Firmware Electronics: Duet WiFi 1.02 or later
    Firmware Version: 2.02(RTOS) (2018-12-24b1)
    WiFi Server Version: 1.21
    Web Interface Version: 1.22.6

Safari version: 12.1

I'll have to try with Firefox and chrome later as I've already started the print again. From what I remember, loading in a different browser avoids the problem. It's like either safari sends the commands again on reload, or the webUI executes them again on reload.

• Interesting.

I do notice that your wifi server version is a little out of date. Not sure it will matter but also worth a try.

• Updated the wifi component to 1.23. Should I be looking for some kind of log to post here?

• Maybe @chrishamm has some ideas.

Have you tried DWC 2 RC6?

• I've had this error for a long time now and have come to accept its just part of using a duet, but every now and then it pisses me off enough to come here. The thing is, it can't be all that common a problem of it would have been found and fixed by now. I'm definitely not the only Mac user here, so I can't figure out what's so different about my usage for it the triggers this.

• I'm a Mac user too, but not Safari. I think that's likely the source of the issue.

• I loathe chrome. Vivaldi is too busy for me. Opera I trust even less than Chrome. Firefox is great, but its not my plan A. Safari just handles UX nicer. If I have to, I can use Firefox for the printer, but it seems unneccessary to use a separate browser just for a printer.

• Well as a temporary work around using another browser might get you through, but I agree there should be some further investigation why Safari is behaving as it is.

• administrators

@mentaluproar Sounds really strange to me - I see no reason why your printer would behave like that. I think a Wireshark dump of the network traffic while that glitch occurs along with your zipped /sys directory would be quite helpful to track this down. Any chance you can provide that?

• administrators

I am wondering whether Safari could be re-sending previous commands when you reconnect, and whether that could be causing the problem.

• I've never seen this with Chrome on Windows desktop, Chrome on Mac, Safari on iPad, Safari on iPhone. I use all of those regularly.

I will give Safari on Mac a try.

• It just did it again on Firefox. I turned on the machine, and as soon as I connected to it from the browser, it started homing by itself. It had been unplugged for a while too.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.