VFD Spindle...

• I have installed a PWM to Analog board on an Ooznest/Duet Router to provide 0-10V to control a VFD Spindle. This is all working very nicely on E0 apart from a Pause / Resume issue that I would like to implement. I would like to stop the spindle (M5) in the pause macro (that's fine) and restart again (M3) in the resume macro. The problem is that M3 without Saddress gives 0v output, so the previous spindle speed is lost and S0 is assumed for M3.
    Of course, I don't know the spindle speed in the resume macro, but wonder if there is a way. I notice M120 (push) and M121(pop) but not sure if this is the correct approach?

• Variables and aritmetics would be super for stuff like this. Maybe it is being worked on?

• administrators

@geoffh said in VFD Spindle...:

I have installed a PWM to Analog board on an Ooznest/Duet Router to provide 0-10V to control a VFD Spindle. This is all working very nicely on E0 apart from a Pause / Resume issue that I would like to implement. I would like to stop the spindle (M5) in the pause macro (that's fine) and restart again (M3) in the resume macro. The problem is that M3 without Saddress gives 0v output, so the previous spindle speed is lost and S0 is assumed for M3.
    Of course, I don't know the spindle speed in the resume macro, but wonder if there is a way. I notice M120 (push) and M121(pop) but not sure if this is the correct approach?

That's not supported at present, but I can see that it would be useful. Similarly, the original laser power should be restored when pausing a laser cutter or engraver. I'll add it to the work list for RRF 3.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.