CNC Fixed & Movable Z Probe - Anyone done it with a Duet?

• There is a probing technique on CNC machines that is intended to make tool changes work properly when the tools are different lengths. This technique uses a fixed plate, and a movable plate, and uses the tip of the bit as the probe.

Has anyone worked out the macros to do "two plate" tool change oriented probing, using a Duet in CNC mode?

If so, will you share?

• If your fixed plate is conductive why the movable plate? Afaik you only need a movable conductive plate of known thickness if you want to zero your tool against a non-conductive stock?

I've got some issues getting my Duet to home reliably but will be poking into this soon-ish. I suspect that some of the features due in RRF3 will be handy in this scenario.

• @bearer said in CNC Fixed & Movable Z Probe - Anyone done it with a Duet?:

If your fixed plate is conductive why the movable plate? Afaik you only need a movable conductive plate of known thickness if you want to zero your tool against a non-conductive stock?

Exactly. CNC router that cuts wood and plastic. Want to do two plate tool change(s).

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.