Ftp problems



  • I've just decided to update my DWC. And I normally use ftp to update DWC, because I'm too lazy to take out sd card. Previously I had no problems doing that, but today I experienced this:

    ftp> put language.xml.gz
    local: language.xml.gz remote: language.xml.gz
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,4,25,17,30)
    150 OK to send data.
    100% |*********************************************************************************************************************| 62126      548.59 MiB/s    00:00 ETA
    226 Transfer complete.
    62126 bytes sent in 00:00 (391.45 KiB/s)
    ftp> ls
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,4,25,137,166)
    150 Here comes the directory listing.
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 css
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 fonts
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 js
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp         16909 Aug 15 2017 reprap.htm.gz
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp           532 Jul 21 2017 html404.htm
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp          5275 Jul 21 2017 favicon.ico.gz
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp         60448 Aug 15 2017 language.xml.gz
    226 Transfer complete.
    ftp> put language.xml.gz
    local: language.xml.gz remote: language.xml.gz
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,4,25,194,26)
    150 OK to send data.
    100% |*********************************************************************************************************************| 62126      564.26 MiB/s    00:00 ETA
    226 Transfer complete.
    62126 bytes sent in 00:00 (430.58 KiB/s)
    ftp> ls
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,4,25,194,32)
    150 Here comes the directory listing.
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 css
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 fonts
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 js
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp         16909 Aug 15 2017 reprap.htm.gz
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp           532 Jul 21 2017 html404.htm
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp          5275 Jul 21 2017 favicon.ico.gz
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp         60448 Aug 15 2017 language.xml.gz
    226 Transfer complete.
    ftp> put language.xml.gz
    local: language.xml.gz remote: language.xml.gz
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,4,25,29,173)
    150 OK to send data.
    100% |*********************************************************************************************************************| 62126      510.75 MiB/s    00:00 ETA
    226 Transfer complete.
    62126 bytes sent in 00:00 (419.22 KiB/s)
    ftp> ls
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,4,25,34,18)
    150 Here comes the directory listing.
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 css
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 fonts
    drw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp             0 May 30 2017 js
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp         16909 Aug 15 2017 reprap.htm.gz
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp           532 Jul 21 2017 html404.htm
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp          5275 Jul 21 2017 favicon.ico.gz
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 ftp ftp         62126 Aug 15 2017 language.xml.gz
    226 Transfer complete.
    ftp>
    
    

    The file uploaded was shorter than the one I tried to upload. After a few attempts, though, it succeeded, which is scary. Admittedly, I first updated DWC and only now going to update Firmware, so this happened with 1.19RC1. So, if this is something known to be fixed, disregard it, otherwise it looks like a somewhat scary bug…


  • administrators

    What board are you using and can you confirm that this bug is still present in David's new 1.19 release?

    You can update the web interface by uploading the DWC zip file on the Settings page too. Recent DWC versions automatically unpack and upload the compressed files.



  • @chrishamm:

    What board are you using and can you confirm that this bug is still present in David's new 1.19 release?

    You can update the web interface by uploading the DWC zip file on the Settings page too. Recent DWC versions automatically unpack and upload the compressed files.

    Thanks for the hint, I had no idea you can upload zip-file. But at any rate, I did solve it originally by being persistent and I had a backup plan of taking out sd card, but I do think the bug may need attention. And yes, I can confirm it's still present in 1.19, except for I didn't have enough patience to finally upload over ftp this time and fell back to uploading .zip file (thanks again). Though I did have uploads of various size, language.xml.gz is 62126, I had 60448 and 59576 uploads instead. My board is according to DWC "Duet WiFi 1.0". The rest of components are all "1.19". If there's more detailed information about the board available somewhere, let me know where to find it. It's relatively early board, I don't remember exact days, but not experimental or something.

    I also tried turning debugging on (M111 S1), I suspected maybe some error accessing sd card or some such, but nothing was obviously wrong on the wire.

    Let me know if I can be of more help diagnosing it.


 

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.