Maestro firmware and configuration guide

• Hi,

New here and proud possessor of a new Duet Maestro which came with FIRMWARE Version 2.02RC3. However the configuration tool doesn't have this version in the drop down. I'm building a second Ormerod 2. Looking at the config.g files for "1.20" and "1.21 and later" they are identical. Can I use these with 2.02RC3 to get started, should I go back to Firmware version 1.21 or how should I proceed?

I'm happily connected via a fixed IP and keen to move on.

Dennis

• You can choose 1.21 and later and start from there.

https://duet3d.dozuki.com/c/Duet_2_Maestro

The documentation for the Maestro is largely the same as for the Duet2Wifi and Ethernet.

• @sinnedwrong Thanks, Using V1.21 it generates M201 X500.00 Y20.00 Z250.00 E250.00 and
    the Y axis very slowly.
    I note the original config file had M201 X1000 Y1000 Z1000 E1000 i.e the X and Y accelerations are the same. On the axis page of the configuration tool the accelerations for Y is 20mm/s which agrees with the config.g file.
    My original Ormerod 2 running RepRapPro firmware has M201 X500 Y500 Z15 E500
    Should I change the Y value, if so to what?
    Dennis

• duet uses mm/min instead of mm/sec. so multiply those numbers by 60

• From the Duet G code page: https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Gcode

M201: Set max acceleration
    Parameters
    Xnnn Acceleration for X axis
    Ynnn Acceleration for Y axis
    Znnn Acceleration for Z axis
    Unnn Acceleration for U axis
    Vnnn Acceleration for V axis
    Wnnn Acceleration for W axis
    Ennn Acceleration for extruder drives
    Example
    M201 X1000 Y1000 Z100 E2000
    Sets the acceleration that axes can do in mm/second^2 for print moves. For consistency with the rest of G Code movement this should be in mm/(minute^2), but that gives really silly numbers and one can get lost in all the zeros. So for this we use seconds.

• you are right. acceleration is mm/s^2

and the default values 20 for y is very low. this might be a bug.

• administrators

@veti said in Maestro firmware and configuration guide:

you are right. acceleration is mm/s^2

and the default values 20 for y is very low. this might be a bug.

I agree, and we will change the default. I suggest you increase the Y value in the M201 command to 500, perhaps higher when you know what the printer is capable of.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.