G1 Homing questions

• This line, G1 Z-5 F6000 S2 , lowers my bed away from the nozzle for X and Y homing.
    My Z axis is set up from 0 to 350mm, with 0 being bed raised to max near nozzle and 350 being bed lowered to max, farthest from nozzle.
    The Z direction is set by this line, M569 P2 S0.

Q1. Why is the Z move command G1 Z-5 to move downward? Should it not be Z+5, eg if Z is at +3, the relative move +5 should lower bed to +8?

Q2. X and Y home properly, bumping endstop, move back 5mm, bump again slowly and stay at zero. If I add a "G1-5" to back off the endstop after the second bump, is axis home set at the endstop bump position or at the final -5mm position? Code example with second move away from endstop:

G91 ; relative positioning
    G1 Z5 F6000 S2 ; lift Z relative to current position
    G1 S1 X310 F1800 ; move quickly to X axis endstop and stop there (first pass)
    G1 X-5 F6000 ; go back a few mm
    G1 S1 X310 F360 ; move slowly to X axis endstop once more (second pass)
    G1 X-5 F6000 ; ADDED LINE FOR MOVING BACK AFTER SECOND HOMING BUMP
    G1 Z-5 F6000 S2 ; lower Z again
    G90 ; absolute positioning

• q1) the configurator normally does generate with z5. you might have set a parameter for the opposite direction on initial config.

q2) that depends on your M208 minima settings. it is set to the minima position.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.