Impulse buy why do I do it !

• Hi all,
    I think I may have made a mistake with an impulse buy on 2 motors to run a Z axis on a Corexy printer I have just started building.

I read the the information on buying Nema 23's in the selecting motors section on the site.
    I have purchased 2 Nema 23 Bipolar 0.9deg 1.26Nm (178.4oz.in) 2.8A 2.5V 57x57x56mm 4 Wires.

I have taken the 2.8A literal as a max just looking for a yay or nay please.

• administrators

@stevo said in Impulse buy why do I do it !:

Hi all,
    I think I may have made a mistake with an impulse buy on 2 motors to run a Z axis on a Corexy printer I have just started building.

I read the the information on buying Nema 23's in the selecting motors section on the site.
    I have purchased 2 Nema 23 Bipolar 0.9deg 1.26Nm (178.4oz.in) 2.8A 2.5V 57x57x56mm 4 Wires.

They sound similar to the 1.8deg Nema 23 motors that I use for testing the Duet WiFi/Ethernet at max current. They will be fine at between 2.0 and 2.4A current. Use 24V power, or keep the speed low.

• @dc42 said in Impulse buy why do I do it !:

@stevo said in Impulse buy why do I do it !:

Hi all,

They sound similar to the 1.8deg Nema 23 motors that I use for testing the Duet WiFi/Ethernet at max current. They will be fine at between 2.0 and 2.4A current. Use 24V power, or keep the speed low.

Many thanks for the reply very much appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.