G29 P Parameter ignored?

• Hey all,

Been struggling with this one for a few days and I've come to the conclusion either I'm doing something wrong or I've found a bug.

One of my printers is a modded CR-10S with a DuetWifi 1.04. I've tried both firmware 2.02 and 2.03 but get the same behaviour in both.

G29 seems to disregard the P parameter when probing a bed map. I've tried the following:

G29 S0 P"corners.csv"
    G29 S0 P"sys/corners.csv"
    G29 S0 P"/sys/corners.csv"
    G29 S0 P"0:/sys/corner.csv"

All of these commands overwrite heightmap.csv instead of creating corners.csv, confirmed by the console output:

G29 S0 P"0:/sys/corner.csv"
    4 points probed, min error -0.018, max error 0.045, mean 0.013, deviation 0.025
    Height map saved to file heightmap.csv

Issuing a G29 command to load a mesh map does seem to use the filename however:

G29 S1 P"0:/sys/corner.csv"
    Error: G29: Height map file 0:/sys/corner.csv not found

I temporarily overwrite my bed mesh definition to use the z-probe to level the 4 bed corners with the following macro:

G28 Z
    M557 X35:265 Y35:265 S230	; Override current bed mesh
    G29 S0 P"corners.csv"		; Check the corners without overwriting heightmap.csv
    M557 X32:292 Y10:290 S32.5:35	; Restore bed mesh

Is there something obvious I've missed, or have I found a bug?
    Thanks!

• administrators

I am guessing that you have a BLTouch. You have found a bug. The P parameter won't work if you have non-empty deployprobe.g and/or retractprobe.g files.

Workaround: use G29 S0 to probe (and save to heightmap.csv), then use M374 to save to a file of your choice.

• @dc42 said in G29 P Parameter ignored?:

I am guessing that you have a BLTouch. You have found a bug. The P parameter won't work if you have non-empty deployprobe.g and/or retractprobe.g files.

Workaround: use G29 S0 to probe (and save to heightmap.csv), then use M374 to save to a file of your choice.

Bingo!

Thanks @dc42, that'll work for now.

A quick side-note. Since upgrading to 2.03, the bed mesh doesn't seem to auto-show in DWC after a G29 anymore. Just noticed that when testing.

• administrators

@nexxcat said in G29 P Parameter ignored?:

A quick side-note. Since upgrading to 2.03, the bed mesh doesn't seem to auto-show in DWC after a G29 anymore. Just noticed that when testing.

Is that DWC 1.22.6 or DWC 2.0RC? I thought that was a change in DWC (it works in 1.22.6, doesn't in 2.0RC).

• @dc42 said in G29 P Parameter ignored?:

@nexxcat said in G29 P Parameter ignored?:

Is that DWC 1.22.6 or DWC 2.0RC? I thought that was a change in DWC (it works in 1.22.6, doesn't in 2.0RC).

Apologies, I'm running DWC 1.22.6.

• administrators

Added to my list of things to test/investigate.