z babystepping not working

• I have a duet wifi on my cr10 running the latest fw 2.04rc1. When I'm on my first layer and I click z babystepping up 0.05mm it does nothing. I've changed it all the way up to 3mm and the nozzle doesn't move up at all. Is there a trick to this in the DWC? I see the command being sent in the gcode console but zero movement.

While the printer is idle, I click the babystepping and it responds instantly. I know it may have to finish a layer before processing the babystepping command but it never responds, layer after layer.

• Is your DWC version up to date as well?

If you send a baby stepping command from the gcode console does it respond?

• Yes. DWC 1.22.6

If I send M290 S-0.05, nothing happens while it's printing, if I send the command while it is idle, it'll respond.

I've tried M290 S2 and still nothing.

• Any other ideas?

• I just upgraded to 2.04 RC1 and tested baby stepping.

I clicked the up button until the reading was 1 mm and it clearly moved the head.

I was worried that it wasn't going to work but it did.

Frederick

• You clicked the button while it was idle or while it was printing something?

• @skhotso said in z babystepping not working:

You clicked the button while it was idle or while it was printing something?

While it was printing and it clearly had an effect.

Frederick

• yeah...mine doesn't do that. Not sure if there is something in the sys files I didn't set up correctly.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.