BLTouch v3.0 and a 1.02 board. Resistor or Not Resistor?

• I am looking at the various wiring schemes for BLTouch, and i am a bit confused on the various versions. I have v3.0 and an older DUET WiFi board. I see the wiring that needs to be connected and thats easy enough. However, i also see references to connect a resistor on the white wire of the BLTOUCH. That is inline before it gets to the Z-Probe in pin? There is no trace to cut to enable 3.3v on this model. I think that the only question mark i have is wether or not i need that resistor. Please advise me if any other wiring needs to be changed from what is in the Wiki article.

• The resistor is for the 3.3v logic. The older Bltouch used 5v logic. The smarts have the cut trace to switch back and forth. The 3 gets rid of that and is 3.3 out of the box. You have to activate the 5v logic through G-code

• @antlestxp said in BLTouch v3.0 and a 1.02 board. Resistor or Not Resistor?:

The resistor is for the 3.3v logic. The older Bltouch used 5v logic. The smarts have the cut trace to switch back and forth. The 3 gets rid of that and is 3.3 out of the box. You have to activate the 5v logic through G-code

Does that mean that I can just use the v3 as is without any fancy wiring. just plug it in as the Wiki shows and go for it?

• yup that should do it. there are extra steps if you need 5v logic. someone here tested it and saw 1v when triggered in its default mode.