Maestro always disconnect and Z offset issues

• Hi all,

I'm having a big issue with my maestro losing connection. It's connected through an unmaneged hub. On the same hub there's 2 raspberry pi who don't lose connection. I also tried to connect the maestro directly with the wire feeding the hub switch, same issue. It may disconnect after a few second or after a few hours of running, but it always disconnect. It doesn't have any issues with conflicting address nor do i have any issues running the hub.

Another issue i got is with the Z probe offset. My BL-Touch is 20mm to the left right and 48mm in front of my nozzle. So i setted the offset as X20 Y-48. But the BlTouch doesn't comes back over the bed while homing... I got it to work by putting Y-30 in the minima of the axis, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks for the help folks.

• @wbzial

Are you sure you are using a hub and not a switch?

Well on my printer the X & Y mins are to the left and front.

So if my probe was 20mm to the left of the nozzle the offset would be X-20

Frederick

• @fcwilt You're right, i edited the post.

• OK good.

So what do you mean by "doesn't come back over the bed while homing"?

Frederick

• @fcwilt since the bl-touch is in front of the nozzle, it is not over the bed by default. So while homing, it's like if the z offset wasn't considered and it try to home in front of the bed. It does comes back a bit, but not enough to touch the bed (about 20mm short)

• @wbzial

Hmm...

Not sure what you are getting at but let's try this.

If you are using a simple G30 command for homing using your Z probe you have to position it first using a G1 command which DOES NOT take into account the Z probe offsets.

Does that answer your question?

Frederick

• @wbzial
    post your homing script.

most likely you want to issue the G1 X?? Y?? command before the G30 command in those files to move to your desired location.

• what do you mean it disconnects? does the light on the network connector turn off?

do you have the usb cable connected? you might be creating a grounding loop.

• @Veti said in Maestro always disconnect and Z offset issues:

what do you mean it disconnects? does the light on the network connector turn off?

do you have the usb cable connected? you might be creating a grounding loop.

No usb cable. No light on ethernet connector.

The web interfaces shows the warning " Connection Loss - Trying to reconnect"

• see this guide, but ignore the wifi related parts
    https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/WiFi_disconnections_and_AJAX_timeout_errors