Overheating stepper driver

• My stepper driver for extruder one is heating up really hot with nothing plugged in and i believe there is a short in it. How do i set it up so i can extrude only from the second extruder stepper driver on the board? Thanks

• administrators

You can use the M584 command to remap extruder 0 to drive 4. But if you haven't shorted the output of that driver, ask for it to be replaced under warranty.

• @dc42:

You can use the M584 command to remap extruder 0 to drive 4. But if you haven't shorted the output of that driver, ask for it to be replaced under warranty.

I ordered a surface mount TMC2660. Is it possible for me to just unsolder and remove the one that keeps heating up and replace. I plan to take it off the board because it is heating up more than I am comfortable with and wont give any output to the motor pins.

• administrators

You can take it off the board, but if/when you upgrade to 1.19 series firmware you will get lots of error reports to the console.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.