Change wifi settings

• So in an attempt to work out whether its the busy nature of my network thats causing the ajx timeouts I decided to setup a router just for the duet wifi and close by to ensure good signal with channels not being used by any other routers nearby (lol probably should have bought a duet and a lan cable).

How do I go about resetting the duetwifi back to access point mode to change to this new network?

• administrators

So currently the only way to reset the DuetWifi into access point mode is to prevent it from seeing the configured network, see:
    https://www.duet3d.com/forum/thread.php?pid=1091#p1091

Clearly one for a future firmware addition to alow this to be done more easily.

• Thanks Tony, that's not that problematic, it is only something that would normally be done very rarely.

• Can I suggest specifically that the WiFi module communicate with the MCU in such a way that WiFi setup can be done in G-code (in addition to the current method)? I had a few hours of frustration trying to get the initial WiFi set up, and from the fora I know I'm not the only one. To be able to plug the SD card into my computer and use the (existing!) G-codes to set up the network would have simplified the setup process dramatically.

• Yes being able to use the gcodes in the reprap gcode wiki would be useful. Unlike most wifi devices it's assumed we have USB console access via a PC to do initial setup so having a sort of "auto" wifi setup isn't really necessary. I'm sure it was well intentioned.

• administrators

@peridot:

Can I suggest specifically that the WiFi module communicate with the MCU in such a way that WiFi setup can be done in G-code (in addition to the current method)? I had a few hours of frustration trying to get the initial WiFi set up, and from the fora I know I'm not the only one. To be able to plug the SD card into my computer and use the (existing!) G-codes to set up the network would have simplified the setup process dramatically.

This is on the firmware wish list, but following a poll of users has a lower priority than some other features. See https://www.duet3d.com/forum/thread.php?pid=866#p866 and the earlier posts in that thread. What I actually plan to do is support a list of SSIDs and corresponding passwords in a file in the SD card, and some changes to ensure that this file cannot be read over the network for security reasons.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.