SOLVED Duet 2 wifi - Can't connect via USB

• I feel like I've followed all the wiki's to a T. I may have got a few steps ahead of myself or should have posted earlier.

What I've done so far: I keep getting the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" when connecting. Using a known data usb, multiple usb ports and two different computers. I installed/re-installed drivers numerous. Spent hours reading various threads with same issues and decided to use erase jumper. I have Bossa installed, red, green and the red between usb are lit up. When I plug in usb I get same "Device descriptor.." and Bossa doesn't recognize anything. I've inspected board very closely and nothing is burnt or gets hot. I know I'm leaving some things out. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you seen this page and worked through it?
    https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/What_to_do_if_your_Duet_won't_respond

• @Phaedrux

Yes, but I'm questioning myself.

Currently the LED's that are lit are Red5v, Green, Red above usb and the DIAG led is on. I'm assuming DIAG led is on because I used erase jumper and pressed reset.

I checked the SD card and it has config files but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

• So I plugged the duet up to my desktop (instead of two previous laptops) via usb 3.0 and it actually showed Bossa on a port in device manager. I followed instructions for Bossa firmware install and Bossa froze up, not responding error. Now I'm back to square one "device descriptor request failed". I've restarted computer and tried the 8 usb ports on desktop. What a nightmare.

• Not sure what I did but I finally got this thing connected and running via DWC. I'd say it had to do with the USB 3.0 or probably if I had a powered hub like others have mentioned.

• @resh said in Duet 2 wifi - Can't connect via USB:

Not sure what I did but I finally got this thing connected and running via DWC. I'd say it had to do with the USB 3.0 or probably if I had a powered hub like others have mentioned.

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

As you have found out the power available from USB ports varies greatly.

Frederick