Failed print using latest cura and 3.2
hbrownell last edited by
I was able to print a tiny robot perfectly with no supports last night. I tried to print a part I created and, again, with no supports it printed okay but the thinner portions failed at the top of the print where they had succeded before. I then tried it with supports but it failed misserably. This causes me to think of another calibration model I tried with a hole on the side and a relatively thin wall. The wall was fine up to the hole and then where the nozzle started to print again, the model failed at that point for a few mm and when the flow seemed to kick up again it resumed normal print.
Was there a change in the new Cura that might explain this? I tried a fresh profile to see if something might be different in Cura, but it had the same result. When I did a test extrusion, I noticed that I got a really thick stream of filament coming out of the nozzle, so I'm not sure where the problem lies at this point. Up until the power outtage a couple of weeks ago this printer was top-notch. I'm using PLA from Eryone and I've had great success with their products before and this spool has been the same up till now. I'm rather lost at this point. And for the record, all axis including the extruder are properly calibrated.
Check the filament diameter setting in the printer profile. Cura has a tendency to switch to 2.85mm filament
Otherwise share your config,g and maybe a sliced gcode file we can check over.