Z-probe values bouncing around

• The z-probe was working fine until this evening. When I ran G32 S2 I got this error "Z probe already triggered at start of probing move" Now the z-probe values bounce around between 1000 and 0 and random values in between and the green probe light is constantly blinking. I disconnected the 6 pin power connector to the Smart effector and removed the fans but this behavior still persists. I checked the wiring and crimps and those look fine. I tried changing the sensitivity but that had no effect. I also tried taking off the heatsink and hotend and that also had no effect on the random values from the z-probe. I'm not sure what else to try. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

• administrators

Sounds like you have done all the right things. Can you connect a multimeter between the +3.3V and ground pins of the 8 pin connector on the effector, to check that it is getting a solid 3.3V supply? If you can confirm that, please ask for your effector to be replaced under warranty.

• I'm getting a solid 3.3V. I'll send it back to the vendor. Thanks so much for your help!

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.