Downgrading firmware

• Is there any procedure or particular details I need to be aware if when going from 1.20 beta and downgrading back to 1.18 ?

Trying to run one board with 1.18 and one with 1.20 to see if I can help identify the wifi issues.

• I think if you scroll all the way to the bottom of one of the upgrade pages, it gives a link to how to do the downgrade.

Edit: Went looking for it, but can't find it now. It was tucked away at the bottom of some page at one point in time.

• administrators

On the Duet WiFi you would need to do a simultaneous installation of DuetWiFiFirmware and DuetWiFiServer. Then go through the old WiFi connection procedure again.

• Does this still apply if you are on firmware 2.01 beta 2 and want to go back to 2.0 non beta? Same with the web software? Wifi server seemed unchanged.

• administrators

@mlaustin6 said in Downgrading firmware:

Does this still apply if you are on firmware 2.01 beta 2 and want to go back to 2.0 non beta? Same with the web software? Wifi server seemed unchanged.

No. The two cases where firmware upgrade/downgrade isn't straightforward are:

1. On the Duet WiFi, changing between 1.18 or earlier and 1.19 or later (because the wifi server was moved off the WiFi module on to the main processor in 1.19).

2. On the Duet WiFi and Duet Ethernet, changing between 1.20 or earlier and 1.21 or later (because the firmware filename expected by the firmware changed to Duet2CombinedFirmware in 1.21).