Z Axis Driver not working on new board!!

• Hi,

Hoping there is someone on here who can help.

I purchased a Duet Wifi on the 21 Oct and was well happy when i received it in the post. Started plugging it all in and testing as i went, only to find that the Z axis driver is not working as it should. When i try to move the axis it just rattles. I remapped the z axis onto the spare extruder driver and it works perfectly.

What can i do to get this problem taken care of?

Many thanks in advance

• administrators

Hi,

Sorry you have had an issue with the Z axis, it sounds like you may have a faulty Z driver.

If you bought it from us (www.duet3d.com) then please send an email to info@duet3d.com so we can investigate further. If you bought it from a reseller, please contact them to start with.

• administrators

As Tony says it's probably a faulty driver; but if you have only one Z motor connected, make sure there are two jumpers in the unused Z motor socket.

• Yep there is 2 jumpers on the second z. I remapped z to the spare E driver and my z axis in now working. Faulty Z driver!! Been in touch with Duet and we are going through the warranty return process. Thanks for your help

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.