What G code to try out Z offset when Z0 against heatbed before print?.

• Hey all

Is there any G code used to test
    the distance from the nozzle to the heating bed ?.

I have been looking for it, but I may have missed it in everything.

I would like to know that the nozzle goes down so you just get a piece of paper
    under the nozzle.

As it is now, the nozzle goes into the heating bed, even though I have made all the settings
    and uses IR sensor.

I have one kossel printer with duetwifi FW1.20 and IR sensor from same maker.

Thanks in advance.

• administrators

To measure that distance, you would need to detect when the nozzle just grips a piece of paper. How do you propose to do that?

The recommended way of finding the trigger height is:

1. Lower the nozzle in increasingly fine steps until it just grips the paper.
    2. Send G92 Z0 to define that height as Z=0.
    3. Use the jog buttons to raise the nozzle 5mm, and remove the paper.
    4. Send G30 S-1

The S-1 parameter tells the firmware not to reset the Z=0 level but to report the height at which the probe triggered instead.

• @dc42:

To measure that distance, you would need to detect when the nozzle just grips a piece of paper. How do you propose to do that?

The recommended way of finding the trigger height is:

1. Lower the nozzle in increasingly fine steps until it just grips the paper.
    2. Send G92 Z0 to define that height as Z=0.
    3. Use the jog buttons to raise the nozzle 5mm, and remove the paper.
    4. Send G30 S-1

The S-1 parameter tells the firmware not to reset the Z=0 level but to report the height at which the probe triggered instead.

Thanks for info 🙂

Did try it but still when it will start to print it go down in heatbed and scraping the nozzle.

I have G32 i startcode before it start to print.

What is it i do wrong?.

• 2.24 is when ir probe gets triggered, this value i have in config.g also..

Can it be config-overide.g that make this problem?..

Start to think i have forgotten something when i make files.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.