Support for DS18B20 1-wire temperature sensors.

• Is it possible to add support for DS18B20 temperature sensors to Duet firmware? Sensors are very popular, they are using 1-wire protocol, able to measure up to +125° C with decent accuracy.

I want to measure different temperatures (steppers, PSU, lower side of e3dv6 hotend radiator, bed and so on).

• administrators

It might be possible, but probably not easy because of the timing requirements of the DS18B20.

You could connect a 100K thermistor to the E1 thermistor connector, and up to five 100K thermistors to the thermistor pins on the expansion connector along with 4.7K pullup resistors to +3.3V. That would allow you to display up to 6 additional temperatures in DuetWebControl.

• Seems like DHT-series sensors are supported now. DS18B20 uses similar (but not the same) 1-wire protocol.

• administrators

DHT-series sensors are supported in chrishamm's fork of RRF, and in the forthcoming (Iater this evening I hope) 1.20beta1 version

• Have there been any advances on the topic? I just broke my chamber sensor but there are still tons of DS18B20's lying around from my arduino days...

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.