Sensor component fell off

• The component marked in the picture (the actual sensor component) fell off when I hit my printhead to bed clamps. I should be able to solder it back, I have a cheap reflow station. Does the orientation matter? Am I able to see from the SMT component which way it should be on the board?

0_1531251965967_board.png

• This is a IR receiver and iam guessing that the orientation is crucial because it is a kind of transistor.
    The green box is on the side where the box is drawn (if i compare it to mine).

• Orientation is important, as the 2 IR diodes (D1 and D2) both need to reflect into it. It is, however not too important as it is possible (mentioned in a guide) that one can slightly adjust it by angling it carefully.

I would solder it back, more or less into position and see how it works. Remember that you have fine control in the configuration (like height when it triggers; value when it triggers etc), all of which should make it easy to repair and simply correct it like that. If the sensor does not trigger, I would then try to better angle it for the height I need.

While testing the first time after soldering it back, try to trigger it way before your bed would trigger it - this is just to give time to stop the machine, if it does not trigger - avoiding crashing into the bed.

• Thanks both.

@jacotheron said in Sensor component fell off:

Orientation is important, as the 2 IR diodes (D1 and D2) both need to reflect into it. It is, however not too important as it is possible (mentioned in a guide) that one can slightly adjust it by angling it carefully.

SMT components tends to move on top of pads themselves. I am hoping I do not need to add new solder and it goes back to the original angle by itself.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.