Wanhao i3 setup and running

• Hello,

So i finally have my i3 with a Duet 2 Ethernet setup and I am up and running but I am encountering a couple of issues. My printing experience is mainly using Cura then sending it to my printer via usb and it working so this is significantly different. 🙂

My printer is setup, connected and moving in all the right directions (and stopping) but I think I have made some mistakes in my config. I am hoping you kind folk can point out the error of my ways. Here is my setup.

0_1531597292863_Untitled.jpg

Firstly: I believe I have set my Z axis to be based on using only the end switch (I have no bed probe) but it will ask me to to do manual bed probing. How do I turn this off?

Secondly: I believe I have the settings for the z axis set incorrectly as it only moves a very small amount (for example <0.1mm when I ask it to move 10mm). Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

My stepper motors are stock wanhao motors (2 * C17HD6039-06N - independently wired Z axis using both board headers) and (1 x C17HD40102-01N on each of X and y axis)

My bed, config files are attached.

1_1531597874028_config.g 0_1531597874028_bed.g

Any help greatly appreciated.

• administrators

1. You need to change your homez.g and homeall.g files to use an endstop switch instead of a Z probe. see https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/ConfiguringRepRapFirmwareCartesianPrinter#Section_Homing_Z.

2. It sounds like your Z steps/mm is set much too low in the M92 command. Also you are using x128 ,microstepping on all axes, andf while you might get away with it on X and Y, if the Z axis is leadscrew-driven then you will probably need to use lower microstepping to keep the step rate reasonable.

3. Again, if your Z axis is leadscrew-driven, then you need a much lower Z max speed than 12000 in your M203 command, and a much lower Z jerk in the M566 command.

HTH David

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.