Duet 2 Maestro + Quadfusion Dev Here: Halp?
I'm one of the developers that is currently setting up the QuadFusion mixing head from M3D. I'm mostly known for my contributions to the Klipper and Marlin projects; anyways, I have the QuadFusion head, the Duet 2 Maestro + 2 expansion steppers. . For testing purposes, i'm converting a rather simple machine(the Ender 3) to use the head.
I am running into a few issues though; even after reading the section regarding issues with Z homing in the 'common problems' section. It seems like the z-endstop does not react and begins catching/stalling. I'm not really sure what's happening with my stepping on the Z leadscrew either.. it is moving vastly more than it should, even though I have everything set correctly on the board and in the config.
Anyone out there this evening willing to work with me on this? You get choice of first full color print. =P
Can you post your Config.g?
Sounds like the z steps are off and the endstop config isn't quite right but need to see the config.g and probably the homing files as well for good measure. What firmware version?
Prepping everything for you guys right now; I used the configurator to generate this... one moment and i'll post.
The configurator has.one major flaw, it gives you exactly what you ask for. 😉 Unfortunately that's not always what you need. Shouldn't require much tweaking to get you going.
You'll need to know what the steps per mm should be for your axis. I'm not familiar with what the ender 3 ships with off hand.
Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 Maestro
Firmware Electronics: Duet Maestro 1.0
Firmware Version: 2.01beta2(RTOS) (2018-07-14b5)
Web Interface Version: 1.21.2-dc42
Sorry to be such a total noob here -- I am just not understanding part of the duet structure, I think.
Just an FYI -- 4 of my drivers are being used to drive my extruder, if that looks odd =P
2560 for the z axis steps per mm definitely looks weird.
I'll take a look at the rest and get back to you shortly.
Phaedrux last edited by Phaedrux
Also you don't have a z Endstop defined at all.
M574 X1 Y1 S0 ; Set active low endstops
Add a z1 in there and comment out the m558 command below that.
I just located this in the original Ender3 firmware; the value was way off for me too... looks like it should be closer to 400. I'm trying that now.
Okay.. .things are getting better; but it's still like my Z-axis is inverted... plus, it doesn't respond normally to the endstop being activated. Here's the updated files: 4_1533094853578_homez.g 3_1533094853578_homey.g 2_1533094853578_homex.g 1_1533094853578_homeall.g 0_1533094853578_config.g
SEems like there's a bug that prevents Z from going into the list of endstops, this was after using the configurator again.
To correct the direction its a simple fix, Im guessing your Z drive is P2 like the duet. In that case change the
M569 P2 S1
M569 P2 S0
What kind of endstop are you using?
I am utilizing the stock creality endstops for the cr-10, have them wired correctly but i think i've found the problem.. just gonna reverse diretiion of z.
when the endstop triggered, how did the machine react? continue as if it wasnt triggered or did something else happen. Also was this happening when you home all the the axis interdependently? or did you hit home all? The configurator tends to royally screw up the Homeall.g file
So, after making the change to Z's direction, everything seems to be going nicely. Now it's time to mount the CMYK head and see about some full color printing. I altered my original plate(not in a way hat would prevent it from functioning in teh stock config.. just two holes w/ some standoffs). Heeeere we go.
Thanks guys -- will report back with results.
Awesome. Glad it's working out. Can't wait to see what the quad head can do. Very exciting tech.
Me too! In addition, we will be holding our first AMF meeting this Friday to discuss an open color standard. So many excited things on the horizon; I am really glad to see the duet community is so helpful and healthy; the same can't be said for most... we strive for this in Klipper as well. I will definetely keep everyone updated as to the results and progress we make as we continue to flesh out true color mixing.
And by the way Phaedrux; looks like that Z-endstop issue is a bug with teh configurator.. no matter how I defined my settings(Even going back to ensure it was set, after the probe section was completed) it would not include Z as an endstop... is there an easy way to mark this as a bug on the website, or just do it on github? Thanks again for your help.
You're right about the configurator. I think this may be a known issue.
To get it to add a Z endstop I had to select Switch, and then for the end stop type either active high or active low, which gave me:
; Endstops M574 X1 Y2 Z1 S0 ; Set active low endstops ; Z-Probe M558 P5 H5 F120 T6000 ; Set Z probe type to switch and the dive height + speeds G31 P600 X0 Y0 Z2.5 ; Set Z probe trigger value, offset and trigger height M557 X15:215 Y15:195 S20 ; Define mesh grid
; homeall.g ; called to home all axes ; ; generated by RepRapFirmware Configuration Tool on Tue Jul 31 2018 22:51:04 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) G91 ; relative positioning G1 Z5 F6000 S2 ; lift Z relative to current position G1 S1 X-235 Y215 F1800 ; move quickly to X and Y axis endstops and stop there (first pass) G1 X5 Y-5 F6000 ; go back a few mm G1 S1 X-235 Y215 F360 ; move slowly to X and Y axis endstops once more (second pass) G1 S1 Z-205 F1800 S1 ; move Z down stopping at the endstop G90 ; absolute positioning G92 Z2.5 ; set new Z position ;G1 Z5 F100 S2 ; uncomment this line to lift the nozzle after homing
And that's using a switch as a z probe not as a simple endstop. Selecting no probe should add the Z parameter to M574.