Dead board??

• Hi All,

want to see if there is anything I may be missing before I return my Duet Wifi......

was just starting a print when I lost web connection tried to reload nothing...

had a look at the duet no light on the WiFi so reset the board - no change

plugged it in to USB no device - oh oh!

notice whenever its powered from USB(that works at least) the WiFi module gets HOT

tried:
    https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/What_to_do_if_your_Duet_won't_respond

no response to anything.

before I take it back to E3d on Monday is there anything else I can try or is it dead and if so bad luck or something I could have done wrong?

have red and green lights for V+ and 3.3V
    and red light either side of USB nothing else plugged in but if I plug in the end stops the lights respond

• administrators

If the WiFi module is hot (not just warm, which is normal when it is connected) then there are two likely scenarios:

1. The WiFi module only has developed a problem.
    2. There has been a short between VIN and either +5V or +3.3V, and multiple components on the Duet (including the WiFi module) have failed. In particular, check whether the main processor (the large square chip) and U11 are getting hot.

• @dc42 I would go with hot. If I touch with the back of my hand then painfully hot not just warm. U11 is cold and the processor just warm.

Not sure if its related but I was getting frustrated with unreliable wifi at boot.

On average about 1 in 10 reboots either with a config change or with emergency stop would result in the wifi not starting. This was always resolved with a reset or restarting wifi from terminal but still frustrating. In retrospect could this have been the module showing it was not happy?

I didnt know if this was normal so wasnt really focused on it.

Thanks for the quick responce

• administrators

In that case, if your Duet is still under warranty, please request a repair or replacement.

• Yes only 2 weeks. Already spoken to E3D but wanted to ask on here to be sure it wasnt me missing something stupid.

Thanks again

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.