Printing individual objects confuses print progress
wilriker last edited by wilriker
Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet Firmware Electronics: Duet WiFi 1.02 or later Firmware Version: 2.02RC2(RTOS) (2018-09-07b2) WiFi Server Version: 1.21 Web Interface Version: 1.22.3
Today for the first time I used printing of individual objects, i.e. print one object completely, then start the next from the bottom, and so forth.
Print progress was totally confused and stopped after the first object completed. DWC did just advance the used filament but nothing else. I reloaded DWC in the browser and at least progress percentage also moved again but current layer time was just increasing until the end of the print as well as current layer was always the top layer of the first object (it were nine identical objects with different FW retract settings).
Print time estimations for filament usage where off the charts, file progress was quite accurate and based on layer time was n/a after the first object completed.
It was sliced with Slic3r PE 1.41.0 and if necessary I can provide the GCode.
Is this a known issue? Is it an issue of RRF or DWC? Or both?
The print monitor produces 3 different estimates, based on each of filament usage, file completion, and layers completed. I can understand that the layer-based estimate would fail in this case, however the other two estimates should still be OK - assuming that the slicer wrote the total filament needed in the filament usage comment, and not just the filament needed for one part.
wilriker last edited by
@dc42 The slicer added the total amount of required filament for all of the parts.
I have to admit that I did not check on estimates based on filament usage after about 40% of the print. But up until this stage it was way off (which in my experience most of the time is the earliest to be the most accurate).
What I think it to be more of a problem is that in the
Collected Datasection of DWC print status after the first object completed all values where simply added to "Current Layer Time" until the print was finished. Also at the very top line where it says "Layer x of y" it just stayed at "Layer 86 of 86" after the first object completed instead of resetting to layer 1 of 86 at the start of the next object (of course both issues are linked).