5v rail?

• hi,

just about to install a new duet wifi v1.01…

is it expected that the 5v and 3.3v leds are only on when the 5v rail gets external 5v via a psu/usb? i have 24v connected to vin and only see the vin (blue) led and i also have the feeling that the 5v and 3.3 v rails are not powered (no connect etc).

btw i have the jumper INT_5V_EN set

regards
    /uwe

• You should be seeing 5v and 3.3v when powered from 12-24v and with the jumper in the correct spot. Sounds like something might be wrong.

Edit: What do you get if you plug in USB ?

Jeff

• with usb plugged i see 5v+3.3v leds on.

• So your jumpers look like this https://duet3d.com/wiki/File:Power_internal_5V.jpg ?

Jeff

• yes they look like this

• administrators

It sounds to me that either you don't have the internal 5V power jumper in place, or the 5V regulator on your board is faulty (which I don't think we have ever seen before).

• where is the 5v regulator on the board?

i will send a few snaps in a minute

• @someuniqname:

where is the 5v regulator on the board?

i will send a few snaps in a minute

It's the little square A4403 chip next to the jumpers.

Jeff

• hahahahaha seems i earned this weekends looser price

for your entertainment: while upgrading i installed a fuse between psu and duet. that fuse is in a little box with an LED. actually the fuse should be in the box 🙂

essentially the duet got enough power to light the vin led but that was only what came via the addon led of the fuse. once i installed the fuse all is as expected 🙂

regards

• @someuniqname:

hahahahaha seems i earned this weekends looser price

for your entertainment: while upgrading i installed a fuse between psu and duet. that fuse is in a little box with an LED. actually the fuse should be in the box 🙂

essentially the duet got enough power to light the vin led but that was only what came via the addon led of the fuse. once i installed the fuse all is as expected 🙂

regards

Ok, sorry but that is too funny.

Jeff

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.