Stepper motors moving but with minimal torque

• I have a duet wifi running a syringe pump setup using two geared extruders. Today when setting up for a print I found that while the extruder steppers would respond to a direct command to extrude they weren't doing so during a print. Simultaneously I found that the extruders had very little torque when turning compared to previously. I also have intermittent warnings about poles a and b being disconnected for the driver I'm attempting to use to extrude.
    Several people work with the printer so I checked the config. Motors we're set to reasonable current values. I'm running the most recent firmware. I checked connections and wires and swapped motors to no effect. I swapped the extruders on to the y axis stepper and they worked normally with sufficient torque.
    I'm not quite sure what's going on or what to check next.

Thanks

• @jwilliam28 said in Stepper motors moving but with minimal torque:

I also have intermittent warnings about poles a and b being disconnected for the driver I'm attempting to use to extrude.

I would suggest redoing the wiring. You may have an intermittent break in the wire or bad crimp.

• administrators

Also, send M906 without parameters, and check that the motor current is the value you expect. Similarly, send M913 without parameters and check that the current is set to 100%.

• @dc42
    Hello,

It seems the current settings weren't being saved. I redid the config and it's working now.

Thank You

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.