Toggle output/fan using button/trigger?

• As far as I understand the documentation, it should be possible to connect a simple pushbutton to an unused endstop (E1 for example) and use M581 to have it execute a custom g-code file. I've got a constant current driver for some LED strips in my printer, and I would like to connect them to an unused fan output - they draw about 600 mA, so the current should not be a problem. I don't know how the LED driver would react to being fed PWM input voltage, but then, I don't have to try that... Anyway, I could use M42 to enable or disable the LED. The problem is - I would like to have a toggle button, and as far as I can see, that's not possible at the moment, right? I would have to use a NO/NC switch and trigger on the rising/falling edge to switch the lighting on and off - or is there a way to conditionally branch between two parts of the trigger file?

(Also, the documentation for M42 reads "See also M583.", but M583 isn't documented - probably a typo?)

• administrators

@vwegert, you could use either a single switch and triggers on the rising and falling edges, or a toggle switch connected to 2 endstop inputs.

Conditional GCode is scheduled for implementation in RRF 2.03.

Thanks for pointing out the error in the M42 documentation. I've corrected it.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.