5 Hotends

• I have a customer who likes to drive 5 hotends together so synchronously.

This means that all hotends should be held by a command to maintain a temperament of, for example, 240 degrees and each of the hotends is controlled for itself with the same set temperature.
    this with 5 PT100 sensors.

How can I do this?

then it is possible for each extruder itself to mount a laser sensor and if one is not in operation to disable?

The extruders are controlled to the 5 hotends and are all controlled with the same inpuls.

is this possible?

• administrators

You could configure your 5 hot ends as a single tool with 5 heaters. Configure your slicer to use G10 to set all the temperatures, not M104 not M109. Caveat: in firmware 2.03 there is a limit of 4 heaters per tool, but I can increase this if I know that you need more.

Also configure the tool to have 5 extruders, and set the mix ratio to 1:1:1:1:1.

Currently the firmware doesn't support disabling an extruder and continuing the print if the filament monitor reports an error.

• @dc42 said in 5 Hotends:

.........................Caveat: in firmware 2.03 there is a limit of 4 heaters per tool, but I can increase this if I know that you need more.

Off topic as far as the OP is concerned but I could foresee a need to have up to 8 heaters fpr a single tool. That's extreme I know but I have my reasons why that might be necessary. Up to 6 heaters is more likely but 8 could be a possibility. I have lots of work to do before I'll know for sure so no hurry.

• Thanks for your Feedback
    Please can you make the update on the Firmware up to 5 Hotends.

I will make the 5x Hotends, the 5x PT 100 and 5x Laser Sensor us synonymous.
    So that I can print in the same time 5x the same object.
    This case give me some open questions.

When I will use only 2 Hotend, PT 100 and Laser Sensor what will be happen with the other three? Can I Setup them on the Display with a makro?

Can I setup with G10 P1 R20 S240 all five hotends at the same time? Or I have to make this for every Hotend separately?
    Have you an idea how can I setup G10 in simplify 3D?
    It`s possible to control the room heating on the Display 7?

• administrators

@3dware said in 5 Hotends:

When I will use only 2 Hotend, PT 100 and Laser Sensor what will be happen with the other three? Can I Setup them on the Display with a makro?

You can set up different tools to use different numbers of hot ends, for example tools that use 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 of them. So the ones you are not using won't get heated.

Can I setup with G10 P1 R20 S240 all five hotends at the same time? Or I have to make this for every Hotend separately?

The syntax is G10 P1 R20:20:20:20:20 S240:240:240:240:240. But I've just checked the code, and if you want all the heaters to have the same temperatures, you can use M104 and/or M109 instead of g10.

It`s possible to control the room heating on the Display 7?

Currently the chamber temperature is not shown on the LCD display, but this is scheduled to be added.

I have increased both MaxHeatersPerTool and MaxExtrudersPerTool to 8.

• Hello

I have now played the 2.03beta2 firmware on it and always get the error that T5 is too long. Then 5 heaters and 5 extruders should be controlled.

do I have to adjust a little more?

Greetz!0_1552663097655_Unbenannt.png

• administrators

@3dware said in 5 Hotends:

I have now played the 2.03beta2 firmware on it and always get the error that T5 is too long. Then 5 heaters and 5 extruders should be controlled.

I suggest you use 2.02 firmware for now because that didn't have a limit on heaters or drives per tool. The limit in 2.03beta3 will be 8 of each.

• but I need the laser sensors on the extruder then I have to take the beta, this is how it works.

Each laser is connected to an extruder and should only be active when selecting a tool.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.