About steppers

• Hi all. I broke one motor in the delta. Can I replace it with a motor of 0.9 degrees, if the remaining 1.8? If yes, is it necessary to set a fixed microstep or will it work with interpolation too?

• administrators

That should work, although I've never tried it. In the M92 command, you will need to double the steps/mm for the tower that has the 0.9deg motor.

When using 0.9deg motors on delta printers, you need to use 24V power to get good travel speeds.

• dc42, Thank you, David. I was waiting for your answer) I have two 0.9 motors from the FlingBear Tornado and I rearranged them on Tevo LM. The third motor is waiting. Now I test their work on the 32 step. Should we expect problems if you enable dynamic interpolation? Will I lose microsteps?

• @dc42 look above

• administrators

@denis said in About steppers:

dc42, Thank you, David. I was waiting for your answer) I have two 0.9 motors from the FlingBear Tornado and I rearranged them on Tevo LM. The third motor is waiting. Now I test their work on the 32 step. Should we expect problems if you enable dynamic interpolation? Will I lose microsteps?

On the Duet WiFi/Ethernet, microstep interpolation only works when the microstepping is set to x16. There is no reason to set microstepping greater than x16, especially when using 0.9deg motors.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.