Bed leveling, what does 'UP' mean?

• This is a stupid question but when the G29 response says to adjust 'UP', does it mean increased Z or decreased Z?

• If this is talking about the bed level assist that advises how much to adjust scews I think up translates as adjusting the bed level so it is higher than before, ie closer to the nozzle.

Just run a four point bed probe mesh (less visually confusing than a high detail probe) and use the visual height map to confirm this.

Edit: ...if you are referring to the visual height map then this is a direct - be it exaggerated - representation of the build plate in the achine coordinate system. In other words where it looks high it is closer to the nozzle. Have I completely misunderstood your question? Not sleeping doesn't do wonders for your concentration!

• @doctrucker said in Bed leveling, what does 'UP' mean?:

I think up translates as adjusting the bed level so it is higher than before

Thanks. This answered my questions. In another part of the UI, + means level down (Z up) so I was not sure.

• administrators

UP in the context of manual bed levelling screws means in the direction that raises the bed. If your levelling screws actually adjust a gantry that carries the print head, it would be in the direction that lowers the print head.

Looks like your connection to Duet3D was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.