topic_solved Layer bonding (not first layer)
Got my first print off of my new Core XY build and it looks awesome! But, the layer bonding is really bad, see pictures and video. I can actually peel each layer apart using my fingernail and almost no pressure. I have tried playing with the temperature and a few slicer settings with no changes and even tried with a different roll of filament with the exact same results. I also tried printing the same Gcode on my Cartesian printer with the same rolls of filament and I cannot break the parts.
I have searched for solutions on this but just about everything I am finding has to do with the first layer bonding. I did find a video from someone back in 2013 with the same issue but for them it was the filament brand so that does not apply here since I can get one printer to print perfect with the same roll of filament.
Core XY test cube
Test cube on Cartesian printer same Gcode file and filament
Either too much cooling from the part fan, or the temperature is being over reported due to incorrect thermistor parameters.
What material filament are you printing with?
@dc42 Tried with PETG and PLA both with same results.
Part cooling with the PETG is at 40%
Part cooling with PLA was 60%
@Phaedrux I did a PID auto tune and these are the thurmistors that I am using.
Here is the heaters section in my config.
M305 P0 T100000 B4138 R4700 ; Set thermistor + ADC parameters for heater 0
M143 H0 S100 ; Set temperature limit for heater 0 to 100C
M305 P1 T100000 B4388 C7.060000e-8 R4700 ; Set thermistor + ADC parameters for heater 1
M143 H1 S280 ; Set temperature limit for heater 1 to 280C
M305 P2 T100000 B4388 C7.060000e-8 R4700 ; Set thermistor + ADC parameters for heater 2
M143 H2 S280 ; Set temperature limit for heater 2 to 280C
M307 H1 A704.1 C214.9 D6 B0 ; Set PID Auto tune for H1
One other difference between the Core XY printer and the Cartesian printer are the nozzles, both are 0.4 dia. but the Core XY has hardened steel (black looking ones) and the Cartesian has an A2 Tool steel nozzle, not sure if that would make much of a difference though.
@Phaedrux I went through the RFF configuration tool again and I think you are right about selecting the wrong thermistor. If I select the SemItec GT104-2 it sets it to B4725 instead of B4388 which is what was in my config. I am going to set that and try another print. I must have missed selecting that when I did the configuration tool the first time.
There was some confusion about what the correct values for that thermistor should be. So depending on when you generated your files it may have been before it was corrected.
I think the results should be better now.
@phaedrux That did the trick!! Woohoo!