Tool fan problem after upgrade to 2.03
I was running firmware 2.02RC3 for a while, and I upgraded to 2.03.
I now have an issue with my tool fan. This fan is mapped to the heater 2 output, in order to drive a berd air pump:
M307 H2 A-1 C-1 D-1 ; Disable heater 2 (second hontend on duet) M106 P0 I-1 ; Disable Fan 0 (used as servo output) M106 P2 A2 F100000 H-1 ; Set tool fan 2 (Berd air pump) on heater 2 M106 P3 C"Leds" H-1 ; Leds
Now, when I start the Duet, the pump is full on. But the slider in web control is 0, and moving it does nothing.
I searched in the releases log, and I can't find what has changed...
Thanks for your help.
Veti last edited by
the S parameter defines weather the fan is on or off.
first try adding this to the config.
did you assign the tool fan to the tool and is that tool active?
Do you have a flyback diode in parallel with the pump motor?
The PWM frequency you have specified is very high and may lead to the mosfet overheating.
@dc42, all was working fine with 2.02RC3, for months. This issues just occured after switching to 2.03.
Here is the complete heater/fan/tool assignements:
; Heaters M305 P0 T100000 B4138 C0 R4700 ; Set thermistor + ADC parameters for heater 0 (bed) M143 H0 S120 ; Set temperature 0 limit for heater 0 to 120°C (bed) M307 H0 A105.6 C627.9 D1.5 B0 ; Auto-tune values for heater 0 (bed) M305 P3 T100000 B4725 C7.060000e-8 R4700 ; Set thermistor + ADC parameters for heater 3 (e3d) (first hotend on Duex) M143 H3 S280 ; Set maximum heater 3 temperature to 240C ; Fans M307 H2 A-1 C-1 D-1 ; Disable heater 2 (second hontend on duet) M106 P2 A2 F100000 H-1 ; Set tool fan 2 (Berd air pump) on heater 2 ; Tools M563 P0 D0 H3 F2 S"Manual" ; Define tool 0 using Drive 0, Heater 3 and Fan 2 G10 P0 X0 Y0 Z0 ; Set tool 0 axis offsets G10 P0 R190 S190 ; Set initial tool 0 active and standby temperatures M207 S1.5 F2400 ; Set retraction length (G10/G11) M572 D0 S0.08 ; Pressure advance
I think something changed in some G-Code, but I can't find what.
I switched back to 2.02 (stable), and the issue is gone. So, there is something wrong in my config for 2.03...
I switched to RRF3b11, and it works fine too. Only 2.03 has the issue...