Peek Delta Printer

• I have been upgrading my delta printer for a few months to print Peek and ultem, its nearly finished, just finalising the z probe although its manual. Just a few covers to print to make it pretty.
    Specification:

• duet3d ethernet with paneldue
    • 500w 240vac magnetic bed good for 150 degrees
    • chimera water cooled, upgraded to copper heater blocks, high cartridge heaters and PT100
    • manual mechanical z probe
    • volume 300mm diameter x 280mm high
    • heated enclosed chamber with extraction

Also will be investigating direct heating of the layers as they are printed to increase layer bonding.

IMG_2520.jpg

• @andornot, This is a really nice machine!

Small comment however on the un-parallel movement of the skates to the belt. The belt looks to have an angle at the position of the skate. Especially in the low and high Z that will have impact on your layer heights because the angle grows higher at the ends of the belt.

I am interested to se the construction of the skates in better detail. Obviously there are no wheels, but I don't see a linear rail carriage either, it is too thin for that. How does that work?

• administrators

A nice looking machine! But I agree, the two sections of the belt that connect to the carriages need to be in a straight line. Unless you do that, you will get inaccurate movement and varying belt tension. The return section of belt doesn't need to be parallel to those two sections (it wont be if the pulley sizes top and bottom are different).

• thanks for the advice regarding the belt, i make adjustments to ensure they are parallel. I will keep the post going as testing starts and i learn how to print in peek and ultem.

• @DeltaCon if you goto my website andornot.co.uk and look at drawing 1-00135 you will see the linear slide and carriageway set up. The linear slide is pre tensioned ball raced, which ensures as it wears its always centralised. I have been using them for years without failure.

• @andornot said in Peek Delta Printer:

@DeltaCon if you goto my website andornot.co.uk and look at drawing 1-00135 you will see the linear slide and carriageway set up. The linear slide is pre tensioned ball raced, which ensures as it wears its always centralised. I have been using them for years without failure.

Wow, that looks very interesting!
    Might be a good alternative for the much more expansive MGN style rails.
    Are they as smooth as those?
    Thanks for the info!

• @DeltaCon said in Peek Delta Printer:

@andornot said in Peek Delta Printer:

@DeltaCon if you goto my website andornot.co.uk and look at drawing 1-00135 you will see the linear slide and carriageway set up. The linear slide is pre tensioned ball raced, which ensures as it wears its always centralised. I have been using them for years without failure.

Wow, that looks very interesting!
    Might be a good alternative for the much more expansive MGN style rails.
    Are they as smooth as those?
    Thanks for the info!

I have never found a problem with them, they cannot take the loading of MGM style rails but for my application they are prefect and reasonable priced.