Simulated print time longer with PA disabled
bot last edited by bot
Same print, same settings, except Pressure Advance:
M572 S0.0: 57 h 15 m 38 s M572 S1.2: 54 h 18 m 22 s M572 S1.5: 75 h 57 m 58 s M572 S2.0: 83 h 20 m 27 s
Print time is slowed because E jerk is 90 mm/min.
I haven't verified actual print time. I'm trying to select settings for best quality/time balance. Printing every variation of setting could take a while.
It's worth noting, since I made another topic recently, that these simulations did not incur any hiccups or underruns while they were simulated. These are much slower than the prints that incurred underruns from another post of mine.
bot last edited by
@Phaedrux in some tests I did that was determined to be the limit of my extruder system. It's geared ~50:1
But, I've recently changed how the idler works so I may be able to increase it somewhat, but definitely no higher than 120 I bet.
I have my eye on some better stepper motors to transfer the planetary GB to, in order to get more speed out of it, but for now I'm just working with what I've got.