"M950: parameter 'F' too high" - Is there a limit to fan count?

• @dc42 Is there a limit to how many fans M950 can provision? I see I can get to F11 and after that it throws errors about F12. I didn't see this limit documented anywhere in the Gcode.

What firmware version are you running?

• RRF3.01RC12

• administrators

On which Duet?

• Duet2 Ethernet

• administrators

Ths current limits for Duet 2 are:

constexpr size_t MaxSensors = 32;

constexpr size_t MaxHeaters = 10;					// The maximum number of heaters in the machine
    constexpr size_t MaxMonitorsPerHeater = 3;			// The maximum number of monitors per heater

constexpr size_t MaxBedHeaters = 4;
    constexpr size_t MaxChamberHeaters = 4;
    constexpr int8_t DefaultBedHeater = 0;
    constexpr int8_t DefaultE0Heater = 1;				// Index of the default first extruder heater, used only for the legacy status response

constexpr size_t NumThermistorInputs = 8;
    constexpr size_t NumTmcDriversSenseChannels = 2;

constexpr size_t MaxZProbes = 4;
    constexpr size_t MaxGpInPorts = 10;
    constexpr size_t MaxGpOutPorts = 10;

constexpr size_t MinAxes = 3;						// The minimum and default number of axes
    constexpr size_t MaxAxes = 10;						// The maximum number of movement axes in the machine, usually just X, Y and Z
    constexpr size_t MaxDriversPerAxis = 5;				// The maximum number of stepper drivers assigned to one axis

constexpr size_t MaxExtruders = 7;					// The maximum number of extruders
    constexpr size_t NumDefaultExtruders = 1;			// The number of drivers that we configure as extruders by default

constexpr size_t MaxAxesPlusExtruders = 12;

constexpr size_t MaxHeatersPerTool = 8;
    constexpr size_t MaxExtrudersPerTool = 8;

constexpr size_t MaxFans = 12;

constexpr unsigned int MaxTriggers = 16;			// Must be <= 32 because we store a bitmap of pending triggers in a uint32_t

constexpr size_t MaxSpindles = 4;					// Maximum number of configurable spindles