IDEX Homing

• Re: IDEX Homing Issues
    Hi
    I use a DUEX2 WIFI and have the same problem and with T2 the min / max X / U are different again

M208 X-65 Y-35 Z0 U0 S1                               ; set axis minima
    M208 X330 Y305 Z330 U398 S0

T2.JPG T1.JPG T0.JPG

• administrators

Please post your config.g file and all your homing files.

• @dc42 I am sending the files tonight
    am currently at work

• @dc42
    Hello the files here
    I probably don't understand something right

M115
    FIRMWARE_NAME: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet FIRMWARE_VERSION: 3.1.1 ELECTRONICS: Duet WiFi 1.02 or later + DueX5 FIRMWARE_DATE: 2020-05-19b2

homez.g homey.g homex.g homeu.g homeall.g config.g

• There is no solution ?

• administrators

@Elko said in IDEX Homing:

I use a DUEX2 WIFI and have the same problem and with T2 the min / max X / U are different again

What exactly is the problem you are having?

It's normal for the reported user positions to depend on which tool is selected, because when you select a different tool, the firmware has to translate the current machine position back to user coordinates.

When you select tool 0 in your 3rd image, X maps to X so the firmware takes the current position of the X axis, applies the tool offset (which is zero for tool 0) and that is the user X position. if you have just homed X, then the machine X position is -65 (set by the M208 parameter), hence the user X position is also -65.

When you select tool 1 in your 2nd image, X is mapped to U. So the user X position is the U machine position after applying any U tool offset. That's why X is 398.

When you select tool 0 in your first image, X is mapped to both X and U. The difficulty here is that in this case, the X and U tools are not in compatible positions, i.e. there is no user X coordinate that maps to the current position of both X and U axes. So the firmware takes an average. If you now send a movement command such as G1 X150 then both tools will move to a position consistent with the new user X coordinate.

Duet Web Control doesn't yet have the ability to display the machine coordinates, but in RRF 3.1.x you can fetch them using this command:

m409 k"move.axes[].machinePosition"

This position will not change when you switch between tools, assuming no movement commands in your tool change files.

HTH David

• ok i have to look at this again i don't understand it at the moment
    THANK YOU

• Ok, I understand it now
    0X 0Y 0U are now in the middle of the bed
    IT WORKS OUT