Paneldue going black

• Hi all, I am currently having an odd issue with my 7" paneldue. Quite often, and for no apparent reason, the display goes black. This has happened on initial boot up, sitting idle for a short period of time and part way through a print. So no rhyme nor reason to its behavior.
    I have also noticed when the display goes black the buttons and audible confirmations are still active. To get the display active again I have to cycle the power off & on, sometime a couple of times. If I see the splash screen I know we're good.

Current firmware:

a467eef5-d427-4d24-a0c9-4a435ffe3d91-image.png

It's the earlier 7" panel with separate module that plugs into the back. Current panel firmware is 1.24

Any help would be much appreciated as this is becoming quite frustrating

It sounds like the back light or related circuitry may be dying. It doesn't sound like a power issue since you say the buttons and beeps are still active.

You could post some photos of the PCB incase we can see something obvious.

• @Phaedrux Thanks for the reply. Is there any particular part of the board you want to see?

• Well....this is gonna hurt. I did it! It was my fault. When I disassembled the module from the back of the display I realized I had forgotten to fit the 3v jumper. After installing the jumper I left the printer on for the day, ran a couple of prints and no issues. Considering the purpose of the jumper I guess I should consider myself lucky, didn't fry the screen.

Anyway, figured accept responsibility for my error and post it so I may save someone else the issues 🙂