PrusaSlicer could use a more RRF-specific G-Code implementation

• What would you personally want PrusaSlicer to do differently in regards to generating G-Code output? 'G10 temperatures' is the one that stands out, and is an active issue pull request on the PS GitHub repo.

I will be starting down the path of tailoring the output of PrusaSlicer to RRF. I might create a new additional flavour called "RepRapFirmware," so that users of the current "reprap/sprinter" flavour aren't bothered.

I will eventually try to adapt print time estimates to use a model of the RRF motion planning.

Anything else?

• @bot have you looked at super slicer (A fork of PR slicer) I have heard good things about it might be worth checking that out

• Yes, SuperSlicer is great! It has support for Klipper firmware, and it might make a few small changes to the reprap implementation, but it's not quite "enough."

RRF users really ought to be able to rely on the G-Code the slicer produces being not only compatible, but taking full advantage of the features of RRF.

• @bot agreed but I only use Kiss now tbh

I wish they had control for acceleration and jerk for different moves. Currently the extra settings are limited to marlin flavour.

• administrators

You can already use M204 to set different acceleration for printing and travel moves.

• I think that's only in the "marlin" flavour of gcode, which isn't exactly targeted to RRF but also isn't entirely unsuitable for it.

• The person who made the original PR on github has made the first strides in achieving the "RepRapFirmware" specific flavour of G-Code in PrusaSlicer.

This is a great start! I may not end up having to tinnker with any of it myself. I love open source.

• @bot Good thing this is being looked in to on the PrusaSlicer fork for sure! I had planed sugesting this for SuperSlicer after PS 2.3 have been released an merged with SS, now it looks like that might solve itself 😅

• I had planed sugesting this for SuperSlicer after PS 2.3 have been released an merged with SS, now it looks like that might solve itself 😅

Hi
    it's merged into my latest release of superslicer.
    Be careful with "after PS 2.3", because prusa seems to be on a 6-month release cycle, and they may plan it for christmas.

I don't have a duet printer, so i won't notice problem / possible improvement for them, it's entirely up to duet users to report these. Don't count on me randomly noticing things like this one.