• I get the following error when trying to use macros on Paneldue
    Firmware 3.2-RC3+1

No errors when selecting files from PanelDue
    No problems accessing macros from DWC

56B3327E-18DE-47DC-88AF-211602B99F82.jpeg

@OwenD said in Error when pressing Macros button on Paneldue 3.2-RC3+1:

I get the following error when trying to use macros on Paneldue
    Firmware 3.2-RC3+1

Can you please clarify what you mean exactly by "using macros". Are you trying to access the list of macros or do you try to run one?

Also I need more information about your setup, i.e. which main board, which RRF version, possibly config.g and a list of macro names and also which PanelDue you have.

• @wilriker
    The error occurs when I hit the macros button.
    No listing is displayed.
    Macros display and run fine from DWC

Paneldue 7i connected by cable, not ribbon. No SD in Paneldue
    Board: Duet 2 WiFi (2WiFi)
    Firmware: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet 3.2-beta2+1 (2020-10-09b1)
    Duet WiFi Server Version: 1.23

; Configuration file for Duet WiFi (firmware version 3)
    ; executed by the firmware on start-up
    ;
    ; generated by RepRapFirmware Configuration Tool v2.1.4 on Sat Jan 04 2020 09:46:45 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

; General preferences
    G90                                                         ; send absolute coordinates...
    M83                                                         ; ...but relative extruder moves
    M550 P"Flsun_I3_Duet"                                       ; set printer name

; Network
    M552 S1                                                     ; enable network
    M586 P0 S1                                                  ; enable HTTP
    M586 P1 S1                                                  ; enable FTP
    M586 P2 S0                                                  ; disable Telnet

; serial comms / Paneldue
    M575 P1 B57600 S1														; set up serial connection to paneldue

; Drives
    M569 P0 S1                                                  ; physical drive 0 goes forwards
    M569 P1 S0                                                  ; physical drive 1 goes backwards
    M569 P2 S1                                                  ; physical drive 2 goes forwards
    M569 P3 S1                                                  ; physical drive 3 goes forwards
    M584 X0 Y1 Z2:4 E3											; two Z motors connected to driver outputs Z and E1
    M671 X-65:255 Y65:65 S5.5 									; leadscrews at left (connected to Z) and right (connected to E1) of X axis
    M350 X16 Y16 Z16 I1                           				; Configure microstepping with interpolation for XYZ
    M350 E16 I1													; Configure microstepping with interpolation for E0
    M92 X100.00 Y100.00 Z400.00                            		; set steps per mm XYZ
    M92 E83.151													; set Z steps for bowden

; axis settings
    M98 P"0:/sys/set_max_speeds.g" ; set all the max speeds in macro as these are adjusted during home moves so we only want to adjust in one spot
    M906 X1100 Y1100 Z1100 E1100 I30                             ; set motor currents (mA) and motor idle factor in per cent
    M84 S30                                                     ; Set idle timeout

@OwenD So, Error 2 is returned by RRF for "directory not found". I have to investigate what could cause this on the PanelDue side or if that is something RRF related.

@OwenD Unless there is something problematic in 0:/sys/set_max_speeds.g I cannot reproduce your problem. Macros pop-up opens and populates as expected on my setup.

@dc42 Any reason why RRF would return err: 2 (i.e. directory not found) on a M20 S2 P"0:/macros" for PanelDue but works successfully in DWC?

@OwenD As additional information can you please post the output to

M409 K"directories" F"vn"

• @wilriker
    M409 from DWC returns the full list of directories as expected.
    M409 from PanelDue returns and Error "unknown meta-command"

I re-flashed the firmware again and now it is working correctly.
    All macro directories and files display normally, so I've marked this as solved.

Perhaps I had Bossa set incorrectly the last time.
    Would setting the security flag in Bossa cause this?
    That's about the only mistake I could think of that might have occurred.

@OwenD said in Error when pressing Macros button on Paneldue 3.2-RC3+1:

Perhaps I had Bossa set incorrectly the last time.
    Would setting the security flag in Bossa cause this?

I never used that flag so it might be the reason for strange behavior.

Glad you fixed it by reflashing. 👍