@reflexlab Well other only time I've seen it suck in Connecting like that and my config was right I had Tx -> Tx and Rx -> Rx rather than having them crossed so the PD and board couldn't actually hear each other. If that's not it try reflashing the Firmware on the PD at that point your sorta out of options.
Oh and just confirm you're plugged in IO.0 on the duet right? Or are you trying to use the ribbon cable?
Also looks like you might be on <v3 firmware on PD based on the location of the "." between the numbers. if your on firmware V3 on the Duet you probably want to update the firmware on the PD anyway. Don't know what the compatibility is between version but everything current is usually the best way to go.
@weed2all True... However if the DWC were fully adequate, I'd have never got started down this path, since what I started with when I installed the Duet on the CNC was a 7" tablet which I had a browser connected to the DWC. Some things with that were annoying me, so I stopmed off upstairs to grab the PanelDue from my 3D printer and plugged it into the CNC instead. (Mostly on the printer I use it to set temperatures before I start to print stuff, MAYBE adjust babystepping.)
I see the reasons why things are how they are in the DWC, but for what I need when I'm standing in front of the machine, it's just enough different. So far, I've programmed a set of macros that do most of the functions that I want, and I can call them from the PanelDue, but the interface is kind of ugly that way.
In short, this is a project that was born of frustration with the existing set of tools, and I'm still learning what things I actually want/need when I'm standing at the machine, so I was planning to adjust it over time.
@phaedrux thanks! I think I figured out a solution: if I read the G-code documentation correctly, the firmware is aware of the currently loaded filament and triggering the unload macro is using the correct macro from the respective filament folder.
The file was already the right name when it downloaded, the issue was it was always uploading it to the sys folder and I didn’t know why. I manually created the firmware folder and dropped the file in it, I was able to install it then. I realised afterwards I can actually change the directory in dwc from sys to firmware where the uploaded files end up. Just never knew that. Once the file was in the firmware folder it worked 1st time and I’m going to print a new case with a pin hole instead of the button if I can ever get it to stop banging and layer shifting.
That probably means that after the firmware update it's trying to do the touch point calibration and you can't see the points to touch, or you've touched but wildly off and now it's not registering clicks in the right place. Regardless, it's not functional. But at least it seems like a display problem and not a controller problem.
Please contact your vendor and initiate a warranty exchange. Include a link to this thread as authorization.
Apparently that's not been an issue. I was thinking of the requirement for the heaters to match the expected heater number and assignment. Heater0 was the bed, next heaters were tools, and then finally the chamber.